- Too much flooding when it rains in New Orleans.
- Storm drains get clogged easily
- Dirt and natural debris are the main clogging components for the drains
Research/Determine Rational/Existing Solutions:
- Storm drains
- Rain barrels
- Cleaning storm drains
- Use less water during storms
- If there are changes made to help the stormdrain not be clogged, like adding filters then the flooding in the streets will decrease.
- Our goal is to lower, if not remove, the rate at which the streets around Lusher flood.
- Our plan is to put a screen made up of small wires (either a mesh or chicken wire) on the front and side of it in a sort of soccer goal shape. To keep
- There's also some concern towards the soil itself, and maybe trying to find a way to either have it be less saturated so more water can seep through or some other alternative (currently being the storm drains.
- Our biggest concern is that it doesn't work
- Mesh type thing
- Nails, bots or something of the kind
- Drains with our solution applied.
- How much flooding there is when it rains.
- The drains that don't have our solution applied.
People in project:
Natalie, Ian, Wheeler, and Brandon.
@JumpKitten8683 Perhaps you can organize residents in the flood area to "adopt" catch basins nearest to their homes. That would involve regular cleaning/declogging; monitor construction activities by holding contractors accountable to follow municipal rules and making sure that cement water and other materials are not being dumped in catch basins.
Reply to this comment...
Log in to comment
Login to comment.