- Heavy traffic is causing road damage
- Sinking soil can cause potholes
Certain areas have more potholes than others
Soil plays a part in potholes
- Weather heavily affects the road
Problems broke down:
Heavy traffic is causing road damage
- What was the road originally designed for?
- How is the road used now?
- What is the area around the road?
- What weather affects the road?
What benefits come from filling the potholes?
- How much impact does soil have on preventing potholes?
Plan to research problem:
- We need to observe existing roads that are similar apart from traffic.
- Restrict semi-truck traffic
- Redesign and rebuild the road
- Repair the existing road then build another road on top of it
- Relocate where the semi-trucks are going
- Create a different road that leads to the same destination
- We can observe other situations like this one and see what they changed to fix this problem.
- We can conduct research to look at possible solutions.
Best Possible Solutions:
- My solution is to reinforce the road so that it can support the semi-truck traffic it frequently encounters.
- A possible solution would be to modify the soil to better reinforce the road.