This week in the Public Lab community newsletter, provide input on MapKnitter annotations, the SkyCam and curriculum for the Infragram and start thinking about packing your bags to join Public Labbers during the November Barnraising in Louisiana. Enjoy!
The theme for the November 13-16 Barnraising is, From the Field to Stories of Change. Signup for the gathering here.
There will be no OpenHour on Monday August 11th. Stay tuned for a new OpenHour schedule coming soon!
New and ongoing projects
With generous support from Raspberry Pi Foundation, Public Labbers have been creating curriculum for the Infragram. Check out their progress here: http://publiclab.org/notes/amandaf/08-09-2014/curriculum-for-infragram
Jack Summers posted a note on the soon to launch WheeStat kit: http://publiclab.org/notes/JSummers/08-07-2014/wheestat-kit-assembly
Research Note highlights
- Homemade colorimeter (posted by homechemist)
- Aerial mapping drone for under $60? (posted by code4maine)
- Using the Infragram webcam in Linux (posted by jarrarte)
- Titan2 IR flight (posted by cfastie)
- CanonSD4000IS as Infragram (posted by warren)
- Single camera NDVI solution (posted by theowallis)
- Overexposure using YUV format and manual exposure settings with Infragram webcam (posted by jarrarte)
- Wratten 25 and NDVI A1200 imagery from TerrAvion fly-along (posted by patcoyle)
If anything was missed, please post a research note or email the list, have a great week everyone! Shannon