Lake Pontchartrain has been polluted throughout the years. Many people have gotten sick from the amount of pollution in years past. Today, there isn't as much pollution in Lake Pontchartrain to our knowledge, which is a great improvement upon what the lake used to be.
Our main concern:
Our main concerns of Lake Pontchartrain are the pollution that occurs there today and where it comes from. The effects the pollution of the lake could and is having on the environment and life in Louisiana.
Obstacles and supporting information:
Some obstacles are going to the lake and gathering information to observe the pollution levels. Another problem is getting the tools to use the data that we collect and observe.
Who is engaged in this concern?
The people of Louisiana who care about the quality of our lake. As well as people who go boating or spend time in or at the lake. To our knowledge, we don't know of any other groups.
What are the initial questions?
- What are the main sources of lake pollution?
- Are these other causes of lake pollution abundant?
- What types of pollution affect the lake?
- Why do people feel that it's okay to pollute the lake environment?
- What areas of the lake have the most amount of pollution?
- What can we do to stop the spread of pollution at boat launches?
- What are some effects of the pollution in the lake?