I am using this tool co calibrate fire test colors for our schools science fair. I need to create a science fair board and i need to print out the readings. i dont need it to be super accurate just to have a definite measure- ability. i am extremely new to this so dont judge
that is the lab procedure that i have created
- Configure the spectrometer box(acording to the included instructions)
- Go to Public lab Spectral workbench and click the "Capture spectra" button in the top right corner
- Make a account with public lab. A real email is not necessary(no verification required)
- Plug in the USB cord to a USB port on your computer
- (I am using Chrome web browser for this experiment so I do not know how to configure the Safari or Internet Explorer version of this) Locate the camera icon in the top right corner of the search bar.
- Click on the symbol and change the camera to the spectrometer module that you plugged into your computer.
- Place the spectrometer module in the test tube pincher attachment, with the camera farthest into the clamp and the lense pointed at the blowtorch . If needed apply tape to the module and the holder till firmly attached
- Use one a seperate clamp to hold a thermometer into place in the flame of the blowtorch
- Fire up the blowtorch
- Make sure that the Nichrome wire is free of contamination by heating in in the flame till it turns bright orange
- Quench the wire to make completely sure that the wire is free of contamination
- Click the button titled
- Scoop around 200 mg of copper sulphate up with the nichrome twist. To non scientific measuring that is a small pinch
- Place the wire into the flame and click the start recording button
- Save the spectrum recording as the chemical name to your public lab account.
- Calibrate the sample by clicking calibrate on the main bar
- Adjust the bars that apear on the colored bars on t bars of color that you have captured
- If they do not need any adjusting save the image.
- Create a folder in your desktop titled "Spectrometry Samples"
- Download the file as a image and create a document with all of the images on the documenti
ive probably messed a few things up so