Hey y'all! Great news! We have four wonderful developers working on our text editors and ability to post on public lab over the summer.
Now you might even be wondering "What is 'The Editor'?" like I did. I'm new to the software and the community. (Also, Hi, I'm Emily a part-time Full Stack Developer working with Public Lab from New Orleans, LA )
To improve the software, we were wondering if you could share with us
1) How do you go about writing on Public Lab? What is your general workflow?
2) Do you draft somewhere? Write from a computer, tablet, or phone? Do you write all in one session or come back for multiple sessions to edit?
3) What do you find works well for you? I'm new here, how should I go about posting and asking questions?
4) What parts of our site are you using to write? Wikis? Posts? Questions? Comments? Are there things that feel different to you about them?
5) Is there media you are looking to share when you post? Photos? Maps? A table?
6) What do you find frustrating? Do you have work-arounds to avoid software behaviors from posting to Public Lab?
And lastly, 7) are there any buttons or tools or ways the editors work that you're not sure about? We can help clarify these for you!
You're welcome to write responses here (I numbered them for ease of reply!), or if you think it would be helpful for me to guide you through these questions in a phone call or email I'm also happy to do that.