Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
To get an overview of place-based activity beyond North America, see the location page.
Place-based activity documented on this website is organized into loose geographies that may encompass multiple states or provinces. To reinforce diversity, regions include both rural and urban areas, and tend to ignore political boundaries.
###Regions within North America
_Note: The references to lists refer to older mailing lists on google groups that pre-date the "subscribe to topic" feature on this website. Regions may have had their own umbrella mailing list, as well as contained multiple local mailing lists. For more information, see [Lists](/lists) and [Subscriptions](/subscriptions)._
* http://publiclab.org/tag/northeast (previously: five lists)
* http://publiclab.org/tag/southeast (previously: two lists)
* http://publiclab.org/tag/midwest (previously: one list)
* http://publiclab.org/tag/gulf-coast (previously: one list)
* http://publiclab.org/tag/norcal (previously: one list)
* http://publiclab.org/tag/northwest (previously: two lists)