Thanks for helping to make Public Lab's websites better! Here's how to report problems, bugs, questions, etc. about our various websites:
Where to report
Report issues (bugs, feature requests) for this website, PublicLab.org:
Or, if you don't have a GitHub account, use this form to post your issue:
We have a performance monitoring system now installed to track slow load times on the site, courtesy of Skylight. Check this graph to see if it's a system-wide issue, or potentially related to your internet connection.
In this example below, see how the graph can spike into 20 or 30 second load times? That's a site-wide issue that may be affecting you (although in this graph, it's been resolved and the graph has returned to normal).
Here are issues reported by others:
Your help makes Public Lab better! We deeply appreciate your helping refine and improve this site.
To learn how to write really great issues, which increases the chances they'll be resolved, see:
Report issues for other Public Lab sites:
Want to get more involved in creating Public Lab open source software? Visit the Developers page and join the "plots-dev" list.
What to report
When people help find and describe problems, they play a key role in building open source software. When filing an issue, please include, at a minimum:
- what you did just before the problem occurred
- your browser and browser version
- your operating system
- any web addresses needed to see the problem (such as the URL of this page)
- your PublicLab.org username (if you have one)
- describe how urgent the problem is (desperate or just-trying-to-help!)
If you are able, it may also help to quickly resolve the issue if you:
- test if it happens in a different browser or on another computer
- test if it happens whether you are logged in or not (if applicable)
- test if it affects other users, or whether this happens to you only sometimes
The more input you can provide, the faster our developer community will be able to solve the problem.
The easy way
If you are unsure how to submit an issue/bug/feature request, please simply fill out this form, which will be sent to the web working group. They will file it and email you the URL so you can participate/follow along.
However, we strongly encourage you to submit a Github request as described above; this makes it much easier and faster for our community to respond to your request!