Public Lab Careers
- Community Outreach Associate (Temporary) - Remote, with a strong preference in the following states: FL, LA, NH, NY, SC, TX, LA, WA, WV.
Our nonprofit team is made up of activists, organizers, scientists, makers, DIYers, curious people, and assorted hybrids of all of the above, just like the Public Lab community.
The Public Lab nonprofit values guide our iteration on the collaborative practices we model in the community and as a staff.
Public Lab is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment and we strive for our employees to reflect the lived experiences and diversity of our global community. We encourage people with different ability sets, socioeconomic backgrounds, people of color, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities to apply to open roles in our nonprofit.
We have a co-working space in New Orleans, LA where our Kits Store is headquartered. Most of our team members work remotely across the United States.
2020 Updates: We’ve transitioned to having our full team working remotely. During these unprecedented times and the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to keeping our team healthy, safe, and ensuring that everyone has the tools they need to continue working remotely.
Public Lab offers a benefits package that includes:
- Three weeks (15 days) starting vacation time;
- 12 personal days;
- 13 federal holidays observed, with a bonus week during the winter holidays, 2 floating holidays, and the option to "exchange" holidays;
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance plans as well as an FSA. The base insurance plan offerings provide 100% coverage of premiums for you;
- 401(k) account and employer Safe Harbor Non-Elective Contributions to your retirement;
- A six-week sabbatical after five years of employment.